Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Friday to you!!!! After today, I only have 4 days left of work! ... and then the summer fun begins! I already have list of things I want to get done this summer with Jennah ("avoiding the heat" tops the list at #1). I want to do a "mommy and me yoga" class, get the carpets cleaned, organize my cupboards, start Jennah's scrapbooks, finish Jennah's room, plan Jennah's 1st birthday party...and a few other odd jobs around the home that I've been neglecting to do because my time at home is consumed by preparing for the next day (ie., wash bottles, pumping, laundry, packing lunches, preping dinner, blah blah blah... it's a lot to do just to go to work for 3.5 hours. I'm not complaining, I'm glad I only work the little bit. But now I will SOOO appreciate this time off for the summer months!). We already have some trips planned for the summer! June will include a trip to Oakland for Andy's cousin Anna's wedding... then a trip to L.A. to visit my cousins (and cute baby Ryan!!!). July we will be escaping the blasted heat for a full week when we get to go to Seattle for a family reunion. Can't wait!! It will be fun to take Jennah on her 1st plane ride!! I love watching all of Jennah's 1st's... 1st tooth was great, 1st bubble bath was a splash!, 1st swim in the pool was a blast! My friend got me a calendar before she was born. It was blank so that I could fill in all the dates and the 1st this or that. I have had the most fun filling that out! I'll try to be creative and draw some cute pictures and color them in. I take a picture of her on the 26th of each month and put it in the calendar too. It's so wonderful to look back and see how she's grown. The calendar will end in July... I will be getting another one for the next year for sure! It's almost a way to journal a little bit each day for her to look back on when she's older. Another thought I've had lately is to print out these blogs from our family page and put them in a binder for her to read someday. I guess I'm just a journal junkie. Always have been... Always will be!

6 comments:

Shannyn said...

Well your family LOVES you being a journal junkie...especially when there's pictures!!

Cathy Bloom said...

bethie--you are the best!!!

Cathy Bloom said...

oh---i can hardly wait to see my great-niece!!! and she is great!!

Cathy Bloom said...

Happy Birthday Beth!
Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Rob and Juliann said...

I kind of use my blog as a journal to help me remember what funny things the kids do/say and keep track of who was doing what when. I need to figure out how to print all of these blog entries.

Amy Nielson said...

My sister-in-law found this site thats called blogs2books. Maybe you want to check it out. http://blogs2books.blogspot.com/